10 Reasons Why You Should Have Regular Eye Exams
We often hear the saying that our eyes are the windows to our soul but did you know that they are also the windows to our health? An Eye Doctor looking at someone’s eyes can immediately detect signs of other underlying conditions in your body. When we think of health, having our eyes checked is probably not the first thing that come to mind. Well in fact, your body and your health are more intertwined than what you think!
So here’s a list of why you should have regular Eye Exams:
- Vision is related to the learning process. Studies show that people who have trouble seeing clearly often perform poorly.
- What’s your passion? Whether you’re an athlete or an artist, your vision is your most prized possession.
- Prevention is better than cure. As you age, you become more susceptible to certain kinds of diseases. It’s important have a look out on early signs of illness, and an eye exam can do just that.
- Visual disturbance can cause you your life. Daily activities such as driving can be dangerous when you can’t see clearly.
- Symptoms aren’t always present. A comprehensive eye exam allows the doctor to see changes inside your body that you’re not aware of.
- Do you love sugar? Diabetes can be detected through an eye exam.
- Allergy treatments. You might not be aware but an eye exam can expose your allergies. The best part? Eye doctors can also prescribe medicines for your allergies.
- Your eyes reveal more than what you think. Your eyes are the only places in your body that lets your doctor look at your veins, arteries, and nerves without eye surgery.
- Your prescription is not constant. Prescriptions often change without you even noticing it. The wrong prescription can cause unpleasant side effects.
- You have your annual physical exam, why not do an annual eye exam as well? Schedule your exam now!